Monday, December 15, 2008

Your Felonious Quizo Update


In a funny coincidence, I actually had TWO completely different friends going off to cut down a Christmas tree this past weekend. Like, actually go someplace and chop down a live tree, as opposed to the rest of us who just go to the place with the light bulbs strung up on clothesline and buy a pre-cut tree. Seriously, when did strings of bare light bulbs become the international symbol for "buy Christmas trees here" anyway?

Speaking to one of them after the fact, I said, "how did the murder go?"

"What murder?" he asked.

"You murdered your Christmas tree. I'm asking how it went."

"It isn't murder!"

"Sure it is. The tree is alive when you get there. It's dead when you leave. Murder one, man."

"Well than what does everyone else do? Is that murder too?"

"Oh, no. Cutting down a live tree is murder. Buying one at a lot is just disposing of a body."

I love Christmas.

A reminder, folks, that we are on at our special Monday night football time of SEVEN (7)(VII)(sept)(sieben)(zeven)(siete)(syv)(sette)(that's Homer Simpson, sir, one of your chowderheads from Sector 7-G) in the PM. That should set Drago straight...

JLK

3 comments:

Scotty said...

I assume I was the 2nd friend who went out and got a live tree from a Christmas tree farm. It think of it less "tree-icide" and more of "helping the local economy" but that's just me. That and they are friends of mine and I get a great deal. AND, my 4-year-old can go running around the farm playing hide-and-seek amongst the trees. That will cease to be a pleasure when at some point we lose said child and he gets picked up by the Medford P.D. and then we'll need to have a conversation with Child Services.

John said...

Okay, three friends then.

Anyone else commit an A-felony this weekend?

Scotty said...

Who are you, the Lorax? Do you, in fact, speak for the trees?

I guess I'll dime-out my wife since she was with me at the time of the "crime." My son will beat the rap though, because he is a minor.