Monday, February 09, 2009

Your Shattered Dreams Quizo Update

I had this whole piece planned that I was working on, and then I got the news that Chelsea fired Phil Scolari this morning, and you know what? Right now there isn’t a joke I can come up with that is a bigger joke than the Chelsea Football Club.

I was in a really good mood this morning, too. I was going to talk about how even though I was sick all weekend and LaSalle lost to St. Bonaventure, which despite evidence to the contrary I am pretty sure is a fucking high school in North Jersey, I was happy. I was happy because through a random twist of internet browsage Friday afternoon I learned that Farscape was on iTunes, and that even after the unfortunate loss of my complete DVD collection (the first TV show I ever collected on DVD in fact) and those DVDs subsequently going out of print (thus preventing me from replacing said DVDs) being sick for a weekend wouldn’t be that bad because I could spend that weekend watching for the first time in years my ABSOLUTE MOSTEST FAVORITE-EST TELEVISION SHOW FUCKING WELL EVER.

God, I was so happy. Blissfully, deliriously happy. On the list of Things That Cause My Brain To Release The Most Endorphins, number one is winning money at poker. Number two is Farscape. I am not kidding. And because I was sick I had spent the last three days doing nothing but sleeping and watching Farscape. When I woke up this morning I wasin as good a mood as I have been in at least four or five years.

Then the cockpunchers in SW6 said, “hey, we haven’t stuck a shotgun in our mouth in a while, let’s do that.”

I’d been saying for the last few weeks that hiring Scolari might have been the wrong move but I fail to see what firing the manager at this point in time gains us, unless there’s someone else out there that we KNOW is going to get snapped up later if we don’t grab him now. Mancini? Eriksson? Can we somehow get Mourinho back? Are we asleep at the wheel? Is there anyone even AT the wheel?

You know, I don’t even give a fuck anymore.

JLK

No comments: